Blogging is something I am new to but completely in love with! I had no idea of the blogosphere (as it is called) and the wonder of talent within it. One of these talents is Sueju Takeshi the awesome writer behind Takeshi’s Flight!! He has just nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award, which I humbly accept 🙂 Go check out his blog for creative writing, fiction, non-fiction, poetry…really he beautifully writes it all.
Thank you very much!!
The rules for accepting this award are simple.
1. Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
2. List the rules and display the award image.
3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Ok, fact time, here are 7 about me.
1. I love rescuing senior pets from animal shelters. I am a huge advocate for giving a home to pets in need. We recently adopted Lacy a 8 1/2 year old Saint Bernard weighing in a 145 pounds. She is a beautiful addition to our family.
2. I have never sung Karaoke! Never-Ever!! It is terrifying. I would rather jump out of an airplane, with a parachute of course!!
3. I once worked on an organic farm. Harvesting veggies, washing them, packing CSA boxes and even selling the produce from a roadside stand. I loved it. Being that close to the earth and your food is a wonderful connection to make. We just started our first organic garden here at our house.
4. I have an online soap business Tea Tree Soap Co. where I sell the soap I make, cut, and wrap by hand. It is a labor of love (and loathing at times) but it’s really nice to not have bought soap for over 7 years!!
5. I have always loved writing, ever since being chosen to attend a ‘young authors conference’ when I was 7 years old. Jasper Tompkins was the featured author. I now read his books to my daughters. I have decided to give some time to my writing.
6. Being a mom is a lot harder than I thought. It is also more rewarding, lovely and humbling too.
7. I love cooking shows but make the simplest dinners possible.
And now for my nominations for the One Lovely Blog Award!!!
13. Splended Sass
You are all lovely bloggers who deserve this award. I hope this brings more readers your way and a sense of appreciation for all the work you put into your blogs! *There is no time limit to passing this award on to others.
Keep posting!! ~Megan