One of my favorite blogs which got me started blogging had won a Liebster Award. I wasn’t sure what the award was, but I wanted one anyway. So much for the old adage “don’t covet what your fellow blogger has”…Well, maybe that isn’t really a thing….but anyway I was just nominated for my own Liebster Award!! Seriously! Me 🙂
Thank you The Not So Secret Life of an Average Mom for the nomination!! Seriously, from one average mom to another you are Awesome, so is your blog!!
If I had to give an acceptance speech it would be a bust! All I can think of are my friends who called me Megster…and how that rhymes with Liebster (at least when I say it) I know…ouch!
Now I know what the Liebster Award is. It is an award for new bloggers with less than 200 followers (I have as of this moment 130). It is a way to hopefully get your blog out there to share all it has to offer. Ok, I’m sounding a little full of myself, but I DID just receive an award mind you so let me revel just a little…
Here are the Official Rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
Ok, here we go. The Q&A session…be ready to learn more than you may want to about the one behind Meaningful Mommy!!
- How long have you been blogging? I started my blog this year in mid April.
- How do you spend your time away from kids? Mom’s night out are a must have. We moms get together for pedicures, dinner, shopping, running and the aimless wandering of Target 😉
- What’s your favorite dinner recipe? Anything that takes 30 minutes or less to construct.
- How do you make time to blog? I try to wake up early to blog but I’m too tired…because I stay up too late writing after my sweets are in bed.
- What appeals to you most about writing? I started writing to clear my head and have something I felt was just about me. I mean it’s about my kids mostly, but something I did for me, because like most moms we mostly do for our children.
- How long does it take for your kids to mess up your clean house? My house hardly ever seemed clean because their toys were everywhere and they were right behind me taking things out. I recently converted our office into a playroom and now the toys live there. My house now feels so much cleaner!
- Other than being a parent, what else would you like to blog about? I blog about our current experiences with our first garden, travel, mental and physical health, parenting education and WordPress writing challenges. Obviously I just like writing.
- How many hours do you actually sleep a night? From 11:30 -1am when my oldest crawls into our bed…Then from about 1:30am until 4am when my littlest requires me to come lay in her bed. Then until 6am when my 145 pound St. Bernard thinks she needs to be fed. So what is that…1.5 +2.5+2=6 hours!! Ouch!
- Best thing about being a mom / dad? Not bedtime! Oh, the best thing….that for me is when they crawl up into your lap and just snug in. Like it’s the most safe, comfortable, happy place in the whole world.
- What’s unique about your blog? I don’t know if it’s unique, but I do try to be honest and help others feel like they too are doing the right things for themselves and their children, while offering helpful parenting tips for the days when you’ve just about tried it ALL!
Whew! I had to really think about some of those. 🙂
To my fellow new bloggers, now Liebster Award nominated bloggers,
🙂 Congratulations!! 🙂
I found most of you on the WordPress Weekly Challenge posts where there are so many wonderful writers. Your blogs are beautiful, inspiring and note-worthy in many different ways and I enjoy them very much! I hope you will accept my nomination.
Here are your 10 questions for us to get to know you better:
1. What inspired your blog name?
2. Do you have any hopes to write & publish a book?
3. What do you love about writing?
4. If you were stranded on an island with only one book what would it be?
5. What is your favorite blog to read?
6. Have you been awarded any awards before?
7. What is your biggest challenge when writing?
8. What is your favorite T.V. show?
9. If you could interview anyone (deceased or living) who would it be?
10. What is one of your favorite quotes?
There is no time limit for accepting the Liebster Award! You have time to answer the questions and find your 8 nominations of other bloggers with under 200 followers. (See rules)
I hope you all accept and keep up your writing and your blogs!! 🙂