We are on vacation and our first stop is an Island in the Adriatic Sea. The island is Ugljan and the town is Kukljica. Here are 10 things that make me smile about visiting here.
1. The sky! It couldn’t possibly be more blue!
2. The colors here!! Everything is so vibrant, it’s a Technicolor dream! The sky, the water, the flowers….
3. The fresh produce at the market. I bought 2 tomatoes, a cucumber, two nectarines, two peaches for 28 Kuna which is about $5.50 dollars (the stand owner threw in 4 plums). All fresh and local!
4. No packaged meat, cheese or bread. You buy meat sliced at the deli, a hunk of the cheese of choice and how much bread off a loaf. Whole, half, quarter, whatever, all fresh!
5. The fresh-baked breads and rolls. The girls are quite fond of the chocolate filled buns. All from the town bakery!
6. Pistachio yogurt! I have never seen this flavor where I live but I will be looking closely when we return. Yummy!!!
7. Many of product packaging look like they are from the 70’s. I don’t know why I love this but I do!
8. The smell. The air here smells like pine trees and lavender!
9. The kava (coffee) the waterside cafés everywhere are so lovely! You can’t beat the coffee or the view!
10. The sunrise and sunsets are lovely.